Raised so far
Sign up and choose your distance goal and set your fundraising goal.
Get riding and track your kms from February until July to reach your training goal.
Share your fundraising page on social media and start to raise funds to help find a cure for Desmoid Fibromatosis.
Get connected, track your progress and join our community of awesome sponsors.
Sign up, train and fundraise for a chance to win some amazing prizes from our valued sponsors. We have fun incentives and fundraising prizes for you this year... Check out our Prizes page for more info.
In February 2019 I noticed some pain in the back of my right knee after swim practice one day. I told my parents and they then noticed a large bump had formed on the back of my knee. I visited our family doctor and at first glance he thought it was likely a Baker’s cyst, but once he felt my leg, he knew that was not the case. I was then sent for an ultrasound, and later a biopsy. The following month doctors diagnosed me with Desmoid Fibromatosis
About Desmoids Tumours
The Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada (DFC) is the official Canadian charity for desmoid research.
Updates on Funds Raised (2022)
Our inaugural Athina's Ride in 2021 raised $132,700 to help support research into desmoid tumour therapies. That’s an unprecedented amount for a first-time charitable event and 100% of the proceeds go to the Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada (DFC). In year two we raised another $79,435 which makes it over $212,135 going towards research.
- Stephanie Rottacker just donated $74.20
- Lori Marcuz just donated $106.00
- Lori just registered for Athina's Ride - Mediofondo (85km)
- Tucson just created a team in Athina's Ride - Granfondo (153km)
- Grace just registered for Athina's Ride - Granfondo (153km)
- Gayle Abrams just donated $106.00
- Gayle just registered for Athina's Ride - Mediofondo (85km)
- Nancy Croitoru just donated $106.00
- No Brakes for Desmoid just created a team in Athina's Ride - Mediofondo (85km)
- Nancy just registered for Athina's Ride - Mediofondo (85km)
- Terry-Lynn Hemmerling just donated $100.00
- Dickson Choy just donated $1000.00
- Andrea MacBeth just donated $150.00
- Bill and Pauline Atton just donated $106.00
- Mark MacBeth just donated $250.00
- Peter Farnell just donated $50.00
- Dream Team just created a team in Athina's Ride - Cortofondo (48km)
- Chloe just registered for Athina's Ride - Cortofondo (48km)
- Linda & Joe Berger just donated $500.00
- FUNRAISINS just created a team in Athina's Ride - Cortofondo (48km)
About Athina's Ride
Athina's Ride is a virtual cycling event that starts with training rides on February 15th and culminates on July 9th & 10th with an epic ride where you can achieve the goal you set for yourself. Ride by yourself, with some friends or along with the Okanagan Granfondo ride. You can ride indoors on a trainer or outdoors (and manually log it, or use platforms like Strava to automatically upload your rides). You'll sign up, choose your distance, and start training.
Create an account, log your training distances, and then participate on Ride Weekend in one of four distances. By logging your distances and fundraising, you'll enter to win some awesome prizes. Meanwhile, 100% of the proceeds raised through fundraising will benefit the Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada.
Connect with us #ATHINASRIDE