Raised so far
Sign up and choose your distance goal and set your fundraising goal.
Get riding and track your km's from May until July to reach your training goal.
Share your fundraising page on social media and start to raise funds to help find a cure for Desmoid Fibromatosis.
My name is Athina Merckx and in February 2019 I noticed some pain in the back of my right knee after swim practice one day. The following month doctors diagnosed me with Desmoid Fibromatosis.
About Desmoid Tumours
Desmoid-type fibromatosis affects approximately 2 to 4 people in 1 million each year. The tendency for recurrence with surgery makes the treatment of these rare soft tissue tumours challenging.
The Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada (DFC) is the official Canadian charity for desmoid research. In the past three years, the DFC has donated more than $250,000 toward investigating new and effective therapies.
- David Morton just donated $100
- Francis Cheng just donated $26.50
- Jordan Bonomo just donated $25
- Annette Mitchell just donated $106
- Patti Flaherty just donated $106
- Blaine Melnyk just donated $53
- Craig Drew just donated $106
- Michael Kascak just donated $100
- CARRIE zelko-norman just donated $106
- Bob and Shelley Jones just donated $250
- Anonymous just donated $106
- Bob Cronin just donated $100
- Aaron Miller just donated $25
- Lesley Layton just donated $212
- Leah Ippolito just donated $106
- Abigail Jerome just donated $106
- Adriana Picone just donated $25
- Karen just donated $106
- Tamasin just donated $53
- Mark & Dana Taylor just donated $26.50
Get connected, track your progress and join our community of awesome sponsors.
Sign up, train and fundraise for a chance to win some amazing prizes from our valued sponsors. Prizes include a Pinarello Bike, Wahoo Computer and many more...
Thanks to our partners:
David Diebolt & Brenda Ryujin
About Athina's Ride
Athina's Ride is a virtual cycling event that starts with training rides on May 10th and culminates on July 10th & 11th with an epic, COVID-friendly ride by yourself or with your cycling bubble friends. You can ride indoors on a trainer or outdoors (and manually log it, or use platforms like Strava to automatically upload your rides). You'll sign up, choose your distance, and start training. So create an account, log your training distances, and then participate on Ride Weekend in one of four distances. By logging your distances and fundraising, you'll enter to win some awesome prizes. Meanwhile, 100% of the proceeds raised through fundraising will benefit the Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada.
Connect with us #ATHINASRIDE